Recycling & Solid Waste Committee
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the bids for solid waste hauling and recycling contracts, and the review of proposals.
- Coordinate the Town's Household Hazardous Waste Day collection, usually the first Saturday in October from 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. every year, including review of bid proposals and assistance to obtain state grants (up to $2,000) to defray part of the collection costs
- Look for ways to encourage and increase recycling by town residents
- Promote recycling and conservation education and efforts in Bow Schools
- Promote recycling and the reduction of solid waste by residents of the Town of Bow
- Did you know that recycling disposal is free, while trash is $67.45 per ton?
- In 2014, Bow residents recycled 31% of our waste, saving over $62,000 in incinerator fees. In addition, we increased recycling tonnage by 1/3 or 36% as of September 2013, when we formally converted to single-stream collection with our new blue recycling toters.
- Keep up the good work! Roughly 60-90% of domestic waste can be repurposed through recycling and composting. Kudos to all of you who are working towards a cleaner Earth!
- Thank you for your continued participation.
The Committee serves as a sounding board for the community for matters dealing with recycling and solid waste.
Complaints, Comments & Reports
For complaints or comments regarding household trash or recycling pickup, please contact our provider (Pinard Waste Systems) first by calling 800-675-7933, and then if necessary report them to the Committee to help ensure a timely resolution.
Contact the Committee
The preferred method of contact for the Recycling and Solid Waste Committee is by email.